Cleaning Is the First Step:
Before you can protect any hardscape, you need to remove ground-in dirt and efflorescence with a quality cleaner. Cleaning allows the protective sealers to penetrate the surfaces so they will last longer and protect better. Efflorescence is a naturally occurring byproduct of concrete manufacturing. It is a white chalky salt that can appear on the hardscape surface. The industry recommends waiting at least 60 days after installation to allow for the efflorescence process to occur before sealing. Grease, rust, food and other organic stains should be cleaned with stain removes prior to sealing.
Protect with a Quality Sealer:
There are numerous advantages to sealers:
- Keeps most stains on the surface and makes for easy clean-up
- Creates a barrier that reduces penetration and offers protection from gas, oil, grease, food and other stains
- Limits weed growth and insect infestation
- Stops moisture absorption
- Penetrates and do not get slippery when wet
- Facilitates regular cleaning and maintenance
- Enhances appearance (properly sealed pavers look better)
- Resists the attacks of weather, salt and freeze / thaw cycles
- Protects from UV rays, water and other natural elements to keep color as fresh as the day they were installed
Protect Older Hardscapes:
Existing installations can be rejuvenated and guarded against further staining by the use of quality protective sealer. A number of protectors are designed to enhance color, even on new or worn pavers.
Contact Us today or call (217) 347.7500 for a FREE ESTIMATE to bring life back into those faded Brick Paver Projects!!